Finding the Best and Most Comfortable Work Boots to Suit Your Needs
No matter what kind of job you have, being comfortable while you work is incredibly important. This is why such things as hospital scrubs have changed so much in the last decade, because nurses and other medical professionals want to be as comfortable in the clothes that they are wearing as they can possibly be.
While wearing comfortable clothing is very important, there is no area of your body that you would like to have a comfortable feel to than your feet. Because you may be standing or walking for long hours during work, having a pair of comfortable boots to wear is essential in ensuring that you can enjoy doing your job more while also not having to pay for long hours on your feet when you get home.
Many studies have shown that the problem that people face with their feet is often associated with the shoes or boots that they are wearing. Whether you bought shoes for work, for exercise, or simply to wear while you are out, you could be doing a whole lot of damage to your feet if you do not have the right kind of shoes on. Improperly designed shoes can lead to such problems as blisters, plantar fasciitis, and swollen arches. The damage that is caused can be permanent and makes walking something that is truly a painful chore.
In addition, the problems you face by wearing shoes that are uncomfortable goes way beyond your feet. Because of the physics of your body, you can actually suffer from such issues as pulled muscles in your legs, displaced hips, or sore knees. Improper and uncomfortable shoes and boots can cause you a whole lot of problems and this is why it is important to make sure that you get the right kind of footwear that will help you to feel comfortable during the day as well as provide the right kind of support that will help your body to be as healthy as it can be.
Are you in a hurry? Here’s Our Top 5 Recommendations that will surely make you happy!
TOP 10 MOST COMFORTABLE WORK BOOTS THIS 2017
1. Timberland PRO Men’s 26078 Titan
2. Thorogood Men’s American Heritage 804-4200
3. Timberland PRO Men’s 40008 Mudsill
4. Irish Setter Men’s 83608
5. Caterpillar Men’s Diagnostic
6. Red Wing Heritage Men’s Classic Work
7. Women’s Timberland Pro
8. Wolverine Men’s Raider Contour Welt
9. Danner Super Rain Forest
10. Chippewa Men’s Rugged Hand Crafted Lace-up
What to Look for When Making Your Decision
Understanding how important this is, it is important for you to make sure that the purchase that you are making is one that takes into account the kind of foot that you have, while also understanding the job that you have. If you are wearing work boots as part of your job, it is likely that you spend long hours on your feet. This means that you need something that not only provides a great deal of support but also gives you the kind of comfort that makes sure you don’t go home at night needing to soak your feet for hours.
However, you need to make sure that the boots you purchase provide you with the right kind of protection. If you are in a job, like construction, then you need a good steel toed boot that can ensure that you will not suffer any kind of injury. You need a durable boot that protects your foot during the job.
Before discussing the key elements in finding the right boot for yourself, it is important to answer some key questions that you may have. Here are a few that consumers frequently want answered when making a decision.
Why choose comfortable steel work boots?
That is a good question. As mentioned at the start of this review, you are likely spending long hours on your feet each day. This cannot only lead to sore feet, blisters, and ailments like plantar fasciitis, but it can also cause long-term issues for your knees, hips, and feet.
You want a pair of work boots that not only makes sure that you are protected from potential accidents that can occur, but also one that is comfortable to wear and provides a great deal of support. If you are going to be on your feet for long hours each day this is an absolute necessity.
Why not just wear inserts?
This is a good question, because many will think that they can get the required comfort that they need simply by adding inserts into their boots. The truth is that this is like adding a band-aid to a gapping cut instead of getting it sewn shut.
The truth is that inserts slide too easily in the boot and wear out much faster. This can lead to blistering and actually cause greater problems with your foot than not wearing the inserts at all. It pays to get something that is designed to be rugged and comfortable right off.
Now that a couple of questions have been answered, the next step is to look at some key factors that can assist you in making your purchase. Here are a few you will want to consider before deciding what will be the right option for you.
1. Cost – with many items you will purchase, you need to be quite conscious of the cost of the product before making your purchase. For example, you may like $1,000 washing machine, but if you can only afford $500 it makes no sense to buy this machine or even look at it. You will put yourself in a bad situation financially and this is why it is important to know that budget that you can spend before taking a look.With that being said, if there is ever a time when you want to go a little over your budget then this is it. Because of the fact that you will be using these so much and because of the importance that you must place on the health of your body, it is important that you get something that really works for you. If you have a budget of $200, see if you can add another $100 to that if there are a pair of boots that really stand out and would be absolutely ideal for you.
2. Comfort – you obviously want something that is comfortable to wear, but the truth is that there is a lot more that goes into comfort than you may think. There are several factors that make one boot more comfortable than another, and here are some you will want to consider when making your purchase.
3. Weight – while you may think that using a steel toed boot will automatically make this a heavier weight, the truth is that there are some that are significantly heavier than others. It is not only because of the kind of material that is used to create the boot, but also because of the style and design. If you are a person it was going to be doing a great deal of walking during your job, you may want something that is a bit lighter to be able to wear. Those who find that they will spend a lot of time standing or leaning over to perform tasks may desire the heavier boot is the option for them.
4. Fit – fit is not only about the size of the boot, but also about the design of the toe, how the material is placed around the ankle, and how much room there is in the top of the boot for your foot to be able to fit. If you are a person who is going to be walking around a lot during the day, then you will likely find that a boot that provides a more snug fit to your feet is ideal because it prevents sliding while you are working. Also, be aware that if you are doing a great deal of walking then it is likely that your feet will expand because of the continual stepping during the day. This means you want the boot that can grow with your foot if need be. Most importantly, ensure that the boot gives a comfortable fit around your foot and is not more than ½ size bigger than your foot itself.
5. Airflow – there may be jobs that you are performing where you will be in cold weather areas, meaning that they airflow is really an important aspect in making a decision upon what kind of boot is ideal for you. However, when you are working in warmer weather climates or in areas where you may be in water at times, then airflow is significantly important. Not only will sweaty feet lead to such things as athlete’s foot, but it will also mean that you will have a greater chance of your foot sliding inside the boot, leading to blisters and other foot issues. Having the right kind of airflow can help to deter that from happening.
6. Cushion – one additional area that you want to consider when making your boot purchase is the amount of cushion that is in the sole of your boot. There are many different kinds of boots out there that offer foam cushion that molds to your foot the more you wear it. This provides for greater comfort and ensures you get the maximum stability while wearing the boot. Cushion is going to be a key factor for those who are going to be on their feet or walking a great deal during the day.
7. Sole – another factor that is a key in determining the kind of boot that you want is the sole itself. This is the area of the boot that comes in direct contact with the ground, meaning that you want a material that is not only durable, but which can also handle slippery conditions.
Depending upon the job that you have or the site you are working at, you may be in conditions where you could easily be injured if you were to slip. Getting a boot that not only provides you with a non-slip material as well as a design that is meant to keep your foot in place could be absolutely essential for your overall health.
1. Toe – of course, because of the fact that you are choosing a steel toed boot, one of your biggest concerns is how well that boot protects your foot from objects that may fall or land on it. You may take something by accident while you are walking, have some object fall onto your foot, or be bumped by something, all of which can cause you a serious injury if you are not wearing the right kind of boot. Make sure that the option you have selected gives you the greatest amount of protection for the kind of job that you need to perform. If you find you are not in a situation that requires a super thick style steel toe then you can act accordingly.
2. Waterproof – another feature that you may want to ensure is available to you in the work boots that you are looking for is whether they are waterproof or not. If you are working in a circumstance where you know you are going to get in water and you want to protect your foot from having water buildup in your boots, this is an important additional protection to have that protects your boot and your foot.
Some Great Options for You to Consider
Now that you have some idea on what would make some great quality boots for you, a look at some options out there would help you to make an informed decision on what would work best in your workplace. Here are 10 great options that are available for you.
1. Timberland PRO Men’s 26078 Titan 6″ Waterproof Safety-Toe Work Boot
Made of leather, these boots have a synthetic sole on the bottom, which is perfect for handling all kinds of surfaces where you may work. The heel measures about 1.75 inches and the steel toe is made of a durable material that will protect your foot well. In addition, this is an insulated boot that is fantastic for those who will be working outside and the material is waterproof as well.
Around the upper part of the boot is a padded collar, which will provide you with a snug fit as well as add to the additional comfort level of the boot. This boot is laced up and has a logo patch at the top of the tongue. Overall an absolutely incredible feel whenever you have them on, and in no time at all you will find that they are very easy to break in.
Timberland is one of the brands of boots that you can truly trust, and this model upholds the reputation. With an incredible waterproof design that is also comfortable to wear, you will feel that your foot is protected and you will enjoy work more knowing how comfortable your feet feel.LEARN MORE
- a steel plate in the insole helps to protect your foot.
- Very comfortable fit to wear.
- A nylon shock is included to help keep your foot rigid and well protected.
- the stitching between the sole and tread has been known to split into two pieces.
2. Thorogood Men’s American Heritage 804-4200 6-Inch Steel-Toe Work Boot
These boots are made of a very durable leather and are produced in the United States. The shaft of the boot is about 6.5 inches from the arch, and these are made to last in some of the most rigorous conditions that a person can wear them in. In fact, Thorogood has been producing high quality work boots for over 120 years.
Not only is the lining made of a very comfortable cotton that breathes well, but you also find that these are specifically engineered to provide you with a great deal of comfort and support for your feet. These are easy to clean and are very durable boots that you know can handle along and heavy workload. The sole is made with a nonslip material and there is a memory foam layer that conforms to your foot.
This is a fantastic pair of boots that gives you the great comfort you need by providing a memory foam layer that ensures that your feet will be as comfortable as possible during long hours of wearing these boots. Thorogood has established themselves as a company you can trust to make quality work boots and this model is no exception.LEARN MORE
- very comfortable boots to wear for a long period of time.
- The craftsmanship and design are of the best quality.
- Only requires a couple of days time to break in.
- not a waterproof boot nor is it insulated for wearing on cold days.
3. Timberland PRO Men’s 40008 Mudsill Low Steel-Toe Lace-Up
If you are looking for one of the most comfortable style work boots to wear that has a low angle to it, then this Timberland product may be exactly what you are looking for. Made with leather and coming with a rubber sole, this work boot has a shaft measure that includes a low top arch and is designed to defuse the shock absorption within the boot itself.
Adding to the great design of these boots is the fact that they offer the 24/7 comfort system which is made to give you one of the most comfortable feels inside any pair of shoes you could wear. In fact, these boots are so cleverly designed and so durable for you, yet they are designed to look like your average tennis shoe. This gives them a great feel as well as an elegant look and can be worn away from the construction site and still look amazing.
The comfort level alone makes this a magnificent option for you, but you will love the fact that the sole is made so that microbes will not cause your boots distinct, even after months of wearing them. The breaking in period is short and you will love how good they feel on your feet.LEARN MORE
- the antimicrobial soles keep your feet from smelling.
- Very comfortable design that will make your feet feel like you are in heaven.
- Incredible look to go along with great functionality.
- very little ankle support provided.
4. Irish Setter Men’s 83608 6″ Steel Toe Work Boot
Made of a very durable leather and a synthetic sole these boots provide you with a great deal of performance and comfort while you are at work. There is a six-inch lace up area for the boot, and it comes with a removable polyurethane footbed as well as a very durable and comfortable steel toe to make for a great set of boots for you.
The soles on this boot are slip resistant and they are absolutely incredible in terms of comfort level for working. In fact, there is a hiking style boot making so that you will be incredibly comfortable all day long no matter what the task is that you are performing for the day. Truly a great pair of boots that are ideal to wear anywhere you go.LEARN MORE
- lightweight and comfortable to wear.
- Nonslip sole.
- Great for all day use.
- too much room inside the boot allows for slippage inside.
5. Caterpillar Men’s Diagnostic Waterproof Steel-Toe Work Boot
This is one of the best boots that you will find out there for many reasons. It starts with the fact that these are made to support the natural way in which you walk, making for great feel inside the boot but great support when you walk as well. Few, if any, boots can match this kind of feel.
These are a waterproof style boots that not only gives you incredible durability in the way that they are designed and created, but also gives you some of the most comfortable working boots to wear. Add to it the fact that these are a very stylish looking boot as well, and you can see how this would look great no matter where you are wearing them. Incredible ankle support in the way that they are designed, and the lacing is made to give you a very snug fit.
If you are looking for a great pair of boots that gives you a great feel and comes with a name that you know that you can trust, then this is the perfect option for you. The steel toe is designed to give you a great deal of protection while at the worksite, and the waterproof design ensures that sweat and water will not build up in your boot, ensuring that fungus and other issues do not arise. This is a sensational option for you.LEARN MORE
- incredible design in terms of durability and comfort.
- Waterproof and nonslip sole.
- Great support for your ankle and foot creating comfortable working boots.
- it is sad that this brand has the Catepillar name to it but the boots are made in China.
6. Red Wing Heritage Men’s Classic Work 6-inch Moc Toe
Red Wing has been making outstanding quality work boots for nearly 100 years now, and has established themselves as one of the leaders in this industry. They not only create footwear for construction workers, but have also provided shoes for men and women that serve in our military for the last 80 years.
With that kind of reputation, you can be sure that the boot quality is one that puts itself above the vast majority of other companies. They build their boots to be durable, comfortable, and with incredible craftsmanship that you know will make them last, and they will look good and feel good on your feet. Truly, this model of boots stands up to the reputation that this company has created, and they will feel quite exceptional when you wear them.
Because of the reputation of these boots and the incredible design that has been provided, you will find that these are a sensational choice that truly fits the needs you have for your workspace. A great option for you to say the least.LEARN MORE
- durable and waterproof.
- The perfect design and feel for those who need a quality pair of working boots.
- Reputation for spectacular work boots.
- sizes are actually about bigger than what you normally wear.
7. Women’s Timberland Pro 6-inch TiTAN Safety Toe
While women want a very durable and comfortable work boot as well, they also want something that makes them look good while they are on the job. These Timberland boots are specifically designed to give you just that.
Made out of leather, they are durable and provide the right kind of protection for any kind of job setting. In addition, they are a lightweight boot that is very comfortable to wear, and comes with a durable liner that protects the foot and gives the best comfortable feel that one can imagine.
The boot is made of an anti-microbial fabric to ensure that foot odor does not become an issue, and it airs well so that you will not sweat in them. The sole is also made of a material that is resistant to abrasions, slipping, and oils. The truth of the matter is that women are interested in a boot that offers them a complete option that is comfortable on the feet, protects them well at the job, and also eliminates sweating and odor. These boots are exactly what they would be looking for.LEARN MORE
- working boots that have a durable design that are comfortable to wear.
- Great feel and impressive look.
- Nonslip materials ensure that you get the proper amount of traction.
- no real complaint about the design or look of these boots.
8. Wolverine Men’s Raider Contour Welt
These boots are made out of leather with a rubber sole that provide you with a great deal of protection and a nonslip grip. The heel measures 1.25 inches, giving you the right kind of comfort and support for your foot, which includes a .75 inch platform.
These boots come with an extra layer of cushion inside of them, which provides you with an incredible amount of comfort, plus you get a great deal of flexibility with the boots as well. They are made with a full-grain leather, which gives great durability and protection for your feet, and a wave mesh lines the inner portion of the boot so that they air well and breathe to provide you with a comfortable feel that will get sweaty. They resist such things as chemicals, oils, heat, abrasions, water, and other materials that may cause them to slip.
Wolverine is a fantastic boot for any man who wants a sharp looking pair of boots that also gives them great functionality while wearing them. You will truly love the design and the comfort that they provide.LEARN MORE
- these are the boots men and women will enjoy.
- Durable design and resistant to several kinds of materials.
- Very comfortable feel for your foot, providing great support.
- a little heavier than most of the other brands of boots.
9. Danner Super Rain Forest
These boots provide a shaft that goes mid calf, giving you additional support and protection while on the job. The stitch down construction of these boots ensures that they are durable and can withstand the rigors of almost any kind of job, and the full grain leather that is used with these boots ensure that they are going to stay strong in the toughest of conditions.
The boots are made with the sole that resists slipping, water, and chemicals. They can be worn for 12 or 13 hours a day and still provide you with an incredible amount of comfort, and the high ankle design ensures that you get a great amount of stability when wearing these boots. They look sharp and are made to be comfortable. You will really like the design because they enable consumers to wear them on many occasions beyond the work environment.
For those who are expecting to spend long hours in conditions where it may be rainy or wet for some other reason, these are boots you clearly want to have. They are the perfect blend of water resistance while also giving you comfort and protection.LEARN MORE
- mid-calf design gives you additional protection and stability.
- Very comfortable boots to wear.
- Special stitch design ensures that they will last under rigorous conditions.
- no lining to the boots makes them less than ideal for winter conditions.
10. Chippewa Men’s Rugged Hand Crafted Lace-up
These Chippewa boots are created with a rugged design, that is ideal for long hours of heavy work. They provide a 5.75 inch shaft which gives you a great deal of protection for your ankle, and the leather used on the boot is durable and able to handle heavy workloads and long hours.
These are a very comfortable set of boots to wear, which give you the option of using a removable cushion insert if you so choose. While being comfortable, they do not stand up well to water, but will provide you with a nonslip boot that can handle both oils and water. They are comfortable to have around your foot and breathe well.
What you will like most about them is the fact that they can withstand a very heavy workload. These are a traditional looking set of boots that provide you with the right kind of protection while working, but also feel good around your feet. These may not be the most sophisticated or gaudy looking pair of boots you will find, but they will work well and have given consumers a fantastic option for a pair of boots that will last them for years to come.LEARN MORE
- durable boot that provides great protection.
- High ankle design gives great stability when wearing.
- The sole of these boots is made to give you great traction.
- Breaking in these boots can be quite extensive.
You have seen a lot of factors here in helping you to determine what boots may be for you. You not only are trying to find what are the most comfortable boots for you, or what is the most ideal para boots for a certain work environment, but you have been given examples of great options for boots that you would probably enjoy wearing greatly.
A few final tips to give you before you head out to purchase your boots. The first of these is that you want to make sure that the boots provide you with the proper amount of support and comfort so that you avoid pain in your feet, legs, or hip areas. The truth of the matter is that you may spend upwards of $300 on an outstanding pair of boots, that they will be a total waste for you if you do not ensure that you get boots that are comfortable for you to wear.
This is the reality that you must face. You want to make sure you are getting something that truly feels good around your feet so you will wear them on a regular basis. Otherwise, you will have simply wasted your money.
Also, be aware that any boots you get are going to require a breaking in period. This can last from a few days all the way up to a week or more. It’s the time where your foot will begin to acclimate itself to the size and shape of the boot, and the boot will expand and contract to fit around your foot.
The most significant part of the breaking in period is how your foot responds to the sole of the shoe. You can guarantee that the bottom of your foot is going to hurt for a couple days, but a good pair of work boots should make it so that that breaking in period is not one that will become too cumbersome or painful for you.
If you find that after 10 days of wearing the boots that you are still suffering pain in your feet, you may want to see if the boots are responsible for this. It may require you to look into another option or simply having your feet examined by a doctor. Don’t continue to wear something that is causing you to be in pain.
Care for Your Feet
It is also important that you take good care of your feet during the breaking in period. At nighttime when you get home it is important that you soak your feet in some warm water or if they are swollen that you ice them for a short period of time. Wear socks that are thicker during the breaking in period so that your feet fit tighter in the boot. Maybe some oils are lotion might be a good way to ensure that they feel as good as possible so that you will want to keep wearing them so that they are properly broken in.
If you find that you are getting blisters or scrapes on your feet, make sure that you manage them properly before donning the boots again. This can only make the problem worse if you don’t care for your feet properly. You are likely to see the most amount of abrasions and blisters either in the back of your foot or in the toe areas. Protect these well with thick socks and a bandage if needed.
A Great Choice for You
While every one of these boots offers you a great option to be able to care for your feet and have a set of boots that’s ideal for your workplace, there is one that separates itself from the others. That is the Caterpillar Men’s Diagnostic Waterproof Steel-Toe Work Boot. These boots are specifically designed to provide you with the ultimate amount of protection and comfort while you are at the job or sitting at home. You will be amazed at how these boots can handle any kind of terrain or weather conditions, as they are waterproof and resist oils, chemicals, and water. This would be the ideal choice for any person looking to get a great pair of boots for work.
Having the right pair of work boots is essential in ensuring that you are comfortable at your work. Spend a little time to try on and learn about the options that are out there for you because this is a decision you simply can’t make on the spur of the moment.
- Editor Rating
- Rated 5 stars
- Most Comfortable Work Boots
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: